Error 815 is a Vista specific
error that means "the DSL connection could not be completed." There are
a few different reasons this error can appear:
- A computer attempts to
use a DSL connection using Windows PPPoE when PPPoE is not needed.
Certain types of DSL circuits do not require a username and password to
connect. This is common in areas where Verizon is the main phone line
- Open Internet Explorer, then select Tools, then Internet Options.
- Click the Connections tab.
- Place a dot next to Never Dial a Connection.
- Click OK, then close Internet Explorer.
- You have a 3rd party router connected to your DSL modem, and you are trying to use a Windows PPPoE connection.
- Your router will handle the PPPoE connection. Remove the PPPoE connection from your computer.
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, then select Connections.
- Make sure Never Dial a Connection is selected, then click OK.
- A connection can not be established due to poor DSL line quality.
- Make sure
filters are installed on ALL devices that use regular telephone
service. This includes phones, answering machines, fax machines, TV
receivers, caller ID boxes, and alarm systems.
- Try a different phone jack.
- Try using a different phone cord.
- Call TOAST.net Technical Support so your DSL line can be checked for trouble.