The description and keyword meta tags are used by search engines as a source of information to determine how to list or rank a website. These tags are used to describe the web page's content. Most search engines use this data when adding pages to their search index.
The description and keywords meta tags can be easily set for each page using Concrete 5 CMS installed with your site.
- Open your website in a web browser window and edit your site (refer to Editing Your Site with Concrete)
- If you are not in the Dashboard, click on Dashboard in the top menu bar.
- Select "Sitemap" from the left navigation bar.
- With your left mouse button select the web page you wish to add meta tags to.
- Select "Properties" in the drop down menu.
In the pop-up box, select "Custom Attributes" in the top navigation bar.
- Fill in the Meta Title, Meta Description, and Meta Keywords fields.
- Select "Save".