If you can not connect to the Internet on your DSL2 connection, please check the following:
- Ensure the modem is connected properly:
- There should be solid lights next to Power, Wireless, Broadband, and Service. You should also have a light next to Ethernet if you have a PC plugged directly into your DSL2 modem.
- If the Broadband or Service light are out or blinking, check the phone cable on the back of your DSL2 modem is securely plugged in to the green jack on your modem and the DSL2 wall jack.
- Plug your PC directly into one of the 4 ports on the back of your DSL2 modem with the included Ethernet cord and perform the following tests.
- (Windows) On your keyboard, press the key + R to bring up a "Run" window, and type; CMD
Click OK and a black Command Prompt window should appear.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: ping 188.8.131.52
Press Enter on your keyboard. If you are connected to the Internet, you should get four replies similar to the following:
If you see Request Timed Out instead of a reply, please contact TOAST.net Support to open a trouble ticket for your connection.
- Next, type: ping www.google.com
Press Enter on your keyboard. You should get 4 replies similar to the following:
If you see Request Timed Out, something is blocking the Internet connection on the computer. Check your computer's antivirus settings, check for spyware, make sure your computer's network connections are all set to automatic, and Use Proxy Server is not checked under Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings.
- If these suggestions do not help, please contact TOAST.net Technical Support to open a trouble ticket for your connection.