Applies to: Users that want to send messages to the same list of contacts.
Users can create categories and assign contacts to categories in order to easily send messages to a select group of email addresses. For example, if you are working on a project with a dozen people in your contacts list, you can assign them to the same category (such as "Church Group, Golf Friends or Parent Teacher Association"). This allows you to easily filter through your contacts list to find and email only the contacts assigned to the specific category picked. The following steps will walk you through this.
Assign Categories to your Contacts:
- Click the Contacts icon. A list of contacts will load in the navigation pane.
- Click the desired contact. The contact details will display in the content pane.
- Click Edit in the content pane toolbar.
- Click the Categories tab and select the category you would like to assign the contact to. NOTE: If the category does not exist, you can create a new category by clicking the Master Categories button and typing the new category name in the text box. Be sure to separate categories with a comma.
- Click Save.
Send a Message to all Contacts in a Category:
- Create a new email message.
- Click on To, and select the Category from the drop down.
- Select all of the contacts in this category. Click OK.
- Compose the email and click Send.