Switching the Modem Over to Bridged Mode
If you want to connect a new router to your DG860 cable modem, check the following settings:
- Make sure the cable modem is plugged in.
- Connect a laptop or PC to the cable modem with an Ethernet cable.
- If you have an android or apple device, follow these links and come back to this page:
- Make sure your new router is connected to the modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Once you're done connecting to your modem, open a web browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
You should see this page after step 3.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Use the following:
- Click the LAN Setup tab along the top of the page.
- Under the "NAT category", make sure NAT Mode is set to Bridged.
- Click the Apply button if you made any changes.
- Your connection should now be in bridged mode, and only your router should be connected to your DG860 cable modem.