TOAST.net's Online Backup is an affordable, hassle-free, "set-and-forget" backup solution that will automatically backup your data in a secure off-site location. This article will help you install the Mozy Pro backup software.
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Mac OS X 10.4+
Note: Installation is not supported on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, or Linux computers.
- Download and run the appropriate MozyPro installation file (Windows or Mac).
- Follow the steps to install the software.
- When prompted, enter the license key and email address supplied by TOAST.net.
- Choose a password for your account (must be at least 8 characters) Mozy will now look for files to back-up on your system.
- Once complete click Next.
- Click Settings. TOAST.net recommends changing the following settings under the Options tab:
If you choose to backup once a day adjust the backup schedule to a non-standard time. Example: If you choose to run your backups at 12:00AM choose 12:12AM instead. This will minimize server errors. Enable "Attempt automatic backup even when a network connection is not detected". This will force Mozy to attempt a backup even if a connection to the Internet is not found.
Enable bandwidth throttling during normal business hours. Without bandwidth throttling Mozy will use all available bandwidth to perform updates. This may cause a slowdown on your network.
- Adjust the backup speed based on your computer. As a rule of thumb, for older computers adjust the slider towards Faster Computer. For newer computers adjust towards Quicker Backups.
- Click the Backup Sets tab and select which sets to backup. If you need to backup files that are not listed in the backup sets click the File System tab then drill down to the file/directory you need backed up. For more information about backup sets and other settings click here.
- Click OK.
- The MozyPro status window will display. Click Start Backup.