This article will help you configure your iPhone or iPad for SmarterMail email. It uses IMAP technology to sync messages, folders, and notes. At the end, there's a link to an article for syncing contacts and calendars also.
Follow these steps to set up your device for email and notes:
- On your iPhone or iPad's home screen, tap the Settings button.
- Scroll down and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account and choose Other at the bottom of the list.
- Select Add Mail Account and type your Name, Email address, Password. Tap Next.
- If you don't know the Server Hostname, get it now from the Email Setup Wizard. Make sure IMAP is selected as shown and enter your info.
- Tap Next to verify your account.
- On the IMAP screen, leave Mail & Notes enabled (green) and tap Save.
- To check messages, return to the home screen and tap Mail. It may take a few minutes for the initial sync.
- Continue with this KB article to sync Contacts and Calendars.