SmarterMail's migration tool can be used to import messages, contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes from other third-party mailboxes. Follow these steps to use the migration tool.
- Log into SmarterMail via http://www.toast.net/mail
- Select the settings icon.
- Expand the My Setting and Advanced Settings folders in the navigation pane.
- Select Mailbox Migration
- The mailbox migration tool will open in a new window. Follow the on-screen instructions to import messages, contacts, calendars, etc. from a third-party mail server to the SmarterMail mailbox.
Alternatively, contacts can be imported from the SmarterMail web interface by going to Contacts - Actions - Import/Export.
Migrating from Linux Mail to SmarterMail
When moving mail from a Linux account to a Windows account, note that only mail can be imported. Contacts and calendar can not be imported. The Message Retrieval feature is recommended since only messages will be migrated.
To begin importing mail:
- Select Message Retrieval under Advanced Settings.
- Choose New and enter the information below.
- Type: IMAP
- Server Address: 188.8.131.52 (Personal and Nickel) | 184.108.40.206 (all other)
- Port: 143
- Email address
- Leave Retrieval Method as Manual
- Leave Folder Transfer Method as Add as root level folders
- Leave SSL unchecked
- Select Test Connection and Save if test was successful.
- Choose Retrieve
Your email will begin to import over to your new SmarterMail inbox. Import time will depend on the amount of messages and the speed of your Internet connection.