Before you begin...
Below is a front and back view of the Netopia 3347. Be certain that the Ethernet cable, phone cable, and power cable are connected properly before continuing setup.
Front Panel - Lights
- Wireless: Blinks green when transmitting.
- Ethernet 1 - 4: Blinks green when Ethernet is connected.
- Internet: Green when DSL signal is detected, Red if Internet connection is not completing.
- DSL: Solid green if signal is detected, flashing or dark if no signal detected.
- Power: Solid green when powered on.
Rear Panel Ports
DSL: Plug in an unfiltered phone cord.
Ethernet 1 - 4: Plug in an Ethernet cable.
Power: Plug in the supplied AC Adaptor.
Reset: Wipes settings from modem. Use only under direction of TOAST.net Technical Support.
Off/On: Turn DSL modem power off/on.
Configuring the Motorola 3347
- Browse to http://192.168.1.254.
- At the prompt, enter:
Password: admin (Some earlier models used the Access Code number, found on yellow sticker on bottom of the modem screenshot)
- On the left menu, click Quickstart.
- Enter the TOAST.net DSL username and password screenshot
- Click Connect to the Internet.
For assistance with setting up your wireless connection, click here.
- On the left menu, click the Home button, click Basic Mode (if showing) then Wireless.
- Check Enable Wireless then perform the following: screenshot
- Click Advanced under Other Wireless Options.
- Enter Wireless ID (SSID) to name the Wireless Network.
- Next to Privacy: choose WPA - PSK.
- Next to Pre Shared Key: Enter the wireless password. It must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Leave everything else at default and click Submit.
- Important: When complete, click the Yellow Triangle in the upper right corner, then click Save and Restart. screenshot
- On the left menu, click Expert Mode, then Yes to confirm.
- Click Troubleshoot, then System Status. screenshot
- On the chart next to DSL, there are two options:
- Statistics: shows signal quality and status of the DSL signal. screenshot
- Circuit Configuration: shows DSL line settings. screenshot