Most modern routers and switches support SNMP, allowing you to monitor and manage traffic on your Internet connection. This is a general guide on how to activate SNMP monitoring.
- Log into your router or switch interface and activate SNMP. Check with your equipment manufacturer on how to do this.
- Give your SNMP stream a password (may be called "Community String").
- Download an SNMP monitor. TOAST.net recommends PRTG.
- Once installed, enter the IP address of your router or switch into the software. Enter the Community String to give your monitoring software access to your device's SNMP data.
- Choose the monitors you want to view. The WAN port is recommended to view bandwidth usage.
Article ID: 418, Created: 11/4/2013 at 5:10 PM, Modified: 11/4/2013 at 5:10 PM