This article will walk you through copying Google Drive Data from your old accounts Google Drive (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your new accounts Drive (email@example.com).
Using the Chrome browser (required):
- While logged in to your “old” account (firstname.lastname@example.org), make a new folder in your drive named “transfer” and move everything in the drive to that folder.
- Right click on the new “transfer” folder and share with your “new” account (email@example.com).
- Log in to your “new” account (firstname.lastname@example.org) > go to drive > shared with me > right click on the new “transfer” folder that was shared to you and then add to drive.
- Open a new Google Sheets.
- On the top menu bar, go to add ons > get add ons > search for “copy folder” > then add to Google Sheets.
- Go to add ons > copy folder > select by folder > drive > select the “transfer” folder you made in the first step.
- Add suffix “copy” then hit copy and wait until the copy process is finished and a spreadsheet opens.
- In the spreadsheet, click the link under new folder and then click “open in drive”.
- The new “transfercopy” folder will be in your drive and you are now the owner of those files.