This article applies to the Evolution Digital EVO5000AP Router. If you are unsure of your router model, check the sticker on your router to verify the model is listed as EVO5000AP.
1. Make sure the router is powered on.
2. Connect a smart device or PC to the router with an ethernet cable, or through the Wi-Fi network.
3. Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and hit enter
You should see this page after step 3.
4. You will be prompted for a username and password.
The default login is usually
If this default does not work then check the sticker on your router. The labels will be Username and Password.
5. Once logged in, click Wireless on the toolbar located at the top of the page.
6. You should now see the router's wireless information displayed on the page.
7. To change your Wi-Fi name, edit the SSID field. You can do this for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks.
8. To change your Wi-Fi password, edit the Password field. You can do this for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks (We recommend making the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz passwords identical).
9. Click Apply when complete.
10. Give the router a few minutes to complete the changes (If you are connected using Wi-Fi it will disconnect the device from the network).
11.Check your device for available networks and you should see the new Wi-Fi name being broadcasted. You can now start setting up your devices to connect to the new Wi-Fi credentials.
If you encounter any challenges or need further assistance, please visit our Support Request Form
and submit a request. Our technicians will be happy to help you!