How to Enable Bridge Mode on Your Arris DG3450 Modem (For Users with Their Own Router):
If you prefer to use your own router for more advanced functionalities and features, you can set your Arris DG3450 modem to work in bridge mode. This means the modem/router will only act as a modem, passing the public IP address to your personal router, and disabling its router capabilities. Here's how you can set it up:
1. Login to the Arris DG3450 Interface:
- Open a web browser on your computer or device.
- In the address bar, type `192.168.0.1` and press `Enter`.
- When prompted, enter the username `admin` and for the password, use the pre-shared key (this can be found on a sticker located on your modem).
2. Navigate to the Summary Page:
- On the left sidebar, under the `Gateway` section, click on `Summary`.
3. Switch to Bridge Mode:
- In the main content area, find the `Bridge Mode` section.
- Click on the `Enable` button.
4. Acknowledge the Warning:
- A warning message will pop up, highlighting that enabling bridge mode will disable the Wi-Fi functionality of your Arris DG3450 gateway.
- To proceed, click on the `OK` button.
- The modem may take a moment to apply the changes and might restart. Once it's back online, your modem will be in bridge mode.
- At this point, you can connect your personal router to the modem and set it up as needed.
- With the modem in bridge mode, all router functions of the modem will be turned off. You'll need to manage all routing and Wi-Fi settings through your personal router.
- If you ever wish to revert the settings and use the built-in router of the Arris DG3450, you can follow the same steps and select `Disable` under the `Bridge Mode` section.
- Alternatively, if you encounter difficulties or simply wish to return the modem to its original settings, performing a modem reset will revert all changes. However, please note that a reset will erase all custom configurations, so ensure you have any important details saved beforehand.
If you encounter any challenges or need further assistance, please visit our Support Request Form
and submit a request. Our technicians will be happy to help you!