Web pages that prevent you from logging in or have controls that are not working properly may be trying to use outdated or broken files stored on your computer. To correct this problem, try resetting your web browser:
To reset Internet Explorer:
- Click the Tools icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Delete under the Browsing History category.
- Checkmark the following:
- Temporary Internet Files
Everything else can be unchecked.
- Click Delete.
- Click the Security tab. Click the Default Level button in the lower right corner.
- Click the Privacy tab. Click the Default button.
- Click the Advanced tab. Click the Restore Advanced Settings button in the lower right corner (nothing will seem to happen).
- Click the Reset... button. Another window will appear, click Reset.
- When the reset process is complete, close all open windows and restart Internet Explorer.
To reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open the Settings menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Select the Privacy and Security tab.
- Under Clear browsing data, select all of the following:
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Any other options you would like to have reset
- Hit the Clear button.
To reset Google Chrome:
To reset Firefox:
- Click the "Wrench" icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Options.
- On the left menu, click Settings.
- On the bottom of the screen, click Advanced Settings.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data... button.
- Check Empty the cache and Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data.
- At the top of the window, choose the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
- Close Google Chrome and reopen it.
- Click the Firefox button in the upper left corner of the screen. (Windows XP users may need to locate the Tools menu instead).
- On the menu, select History, and then Clear Recent History.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Everything.
- Click Details, then uncheck everything but Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
- Close and reopen Firefox.
- Visit Microsoft's Windows Update page to check for any recent critical security updates. Within Internet Explorer, click Tools and select Windows Update or click the following link: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
- Update or install antivirus software on your computer. If you do not have antivirus software, TOAST.net supplies licenses of eTrust Antivirus with many of our service plans. For more information, visit My Account and look for the Virus Protection category by clicking here: https://myaccount.toast.net
- Download and scan your computer with Anti-Spyware software. Recommended programs can be found on our software page: https://www.toast.net/software
Article ID: 64, Created: 12/1/2009 at 2:33 PM, Modified: 2/24/2023 at 3:20 PM