To set up a manual dial-up connection on Windows 8, perform the following:
- Right click on the bottom right of the Windows 8 screen and left click on the All Apps icon. (If you're using a touch screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen towards the top of the screen to find the All Apps icon.)
- Open the Control Panel icon.
- Click Connect to the Internet under the Network and Internet listing.
- Click Dial-up as your connection type.
- If you already have existing dial-up or broadband connections set up, you will be asked if you want to use an existing connection. Select No, create a new connection. Otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Enter your TOAST.net information as follows, then click Connect when finished:
- Click Skip when asked if you wish to test the connection.
- To connect to TOAST.net, simply click the Internet Explorer tile on the main screen:
- Procede to http://www.toast.net/setup and install the TOAST.net Setup Program to optimize your computer for TOAST.net